At Kbiosystems Ltd we are committed to processing personal information about our customers in ways that comply with our legal obligations as well as being clear with our customers about what we do with their personal information. Some of the key points of Kbiosystems Ltd privacy statement are:
- We don't sell your data to third parties
- We do make it easy for you to manage your information, you can change your communication preferences at any time, just call or email and let us know
- We do use your data to provide great customer service
This document covers information we collect about you. Please read it carefully to understand how your personal information will be treated.
We will be the "controller" of the personal information which you provide to us or which we collect from you.
1. Personal information that we collect
We store personal information relating to you, including your:
- email address;
- telephone number;
- IP address;and;
- any other personal information that you choose to provide to us when you make contact with us
2. How we use your personal information
We use our personal information as follows:
- to maintain our relationship with you whilst you are a customer/supplier;
- to process orders and provide agreed goods and services to you;
- for invoicing, processing payments, account set up and maintenance;
- to communicate with you, including to respond to information requests/enquiries submitted
- for record keeping, statistical analysis and internal reporting purposes;
- to ensure data security;
- for logistical purposes;
- to provide evidence in any dispute or anticipated dispute between you and us;
- as we may otherwise consider necessary to support the operation of our Websites;
- to obtain credit references, credit checks and for debt collection, fraud detection and prevention and risk management purposes; and
- to protect the rights, property, and/or safety of Kbiosystems Ltd, its personnel and others
We use CREDITSAFE, to analyse your creditworthiness, which helps us to decide if we can offer you an account, through which you can purchase products and displays. We may use it to make decisions on future applications for credit.
We use software that processes your personal information (including contact details) and information about your transaction history with us.
If you object to profiling made in relation to you or would like more information about the personal information which has been used to create a profile, you may contact us at email@example.com; or by calling 01268 522431.
4.Legal basis for processing
In terms of the legal bases we rely on to process your personal information, these are as follows:
- where you have provided your consent: including electronic means (e.g.email and SMS and telephone);
- for the performance of a contract with you(such as a contract for the provision of goods and services)or to take steps at your request prior to entering into this contract;
- to comply with legal obligations, including in relation to health and safety and environmental legislation, performing anti-money laundering, terrorism prevention and sanctions screening checks, complaints and investigations or litigation;
- to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another person, e.g. where you or they are seriously injured or ill, or
- for our legitimate interests in:
- management of your account (including processing payments) and our relationship with you, and communicating with you
- operating our Websites
- processing orders and supplying our products and services; and our internal business purposes which may include processing for the purposes of: record keeping, research, reporting and statistics, data security, to ensure the quality of our products and services, investigating and responding to queries and complaints, obtaining credit references and credit checks, providing payment performance data to credit reference agencies, changing our pricing, debt collection, fraud detection and prevention, risk management, recruitment and training of our personnel, and protecting our rights, property and safety (and that of others). You can object to processing carried out based on our legitimate interests at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
See also "Your Rights - The right to object".
5. How we share your personal information
- third party provider(s) who provide the following types of services to us: warehousing and logistics, software, customer relationship management;
- third party providers and agents we appoint to perform services on our behalf, who are provided with access to certain Kbiosystems Ltd customer account details to process sales or provide services on our behalf;
- third party providers for us to process payments that are due to us.
- licensed credit reference agencies, debt collection agencies and lawyers when we carry out credit checks, to report on your payment performance and/or seek to recover debts due to us;
- our accountants, auditors, lawyers or similar advisers when we ask them to provide us with professional advice;
- emergency services if we need to report accidents or incidents or request emergency assistance;
- any Government Department, public body or other third party where we believe in good faith that the law requires this; in the interests of public health and safety; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Kbiosystems Ltd its employees or others;
- investors and other relevant third parties in the event of an actual or potential sale related to Kbiosystems Ltd.
- any other third parties, if authorised by you to do so
The performance of services by our third-party service provider(s) may be subject to a separate privacy statement provided to you by the relevant third party. You should read any such statement carefully.
6. How long we keep your personal information
We retain your personal information for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal information is collected. When determining the relevant retention periods, we will consider factors including:
Legal obligation(s) under applicable law to retain data for a certain period of time;
statute of limitations under applicable law(s);
(potential) disputes, and;
guidelines issued by relevant data protection authorities.
Otherwise, we securely erase your information once this is no longer needed.
We use reasonable security methods to protect the personal information that we process.
However, please note that whilst we take appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard the personal information that you provide to us, no transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be secure. Consequently, please note that we cannot guarantee the security of any personal information that you transfer to us over the Internet.
8. Your rights
The following section explains your rights. The various rights are not absolute, and each is subject to certain exceptions or qualifications.
We will grant your request only to the extent that it follows from our assessment of your request that we are allowed and required to do so under data protection laws. Nothing in this Privacy Statement is intended to provide you with rights beyond or in addition to your rights as a data subject under data protection laws.
1. The right to be informed
You have the right to be provided with clear, transparent and easily understandable information about how we use your personal information and your rights. Therefore, we're providing you with the information in this PrivacyStatement.
2.The right of access
You have the right to obtain a copy of your personal information (if we're processing it), and other certain information (like that provided in this Privacy Statement) about how it is used.
This is so you're aware and can check that we're using your personal information in accordance with data protectionlaw.
We can refuse to provide information where to do so may reveal personal information about another person or would otherwise negatively impact another person's rights.
3. The right to rectification
You can ask us to take reasonable measures to correct your personal information if it's inaccurate or incomplete. E.g. if we have the wrong date of birth or name for you.
4. The right to erasure
This is also known as 'the right to be forgotten" and, in simple terms, enables you to request the deletion or removal of your personal information where there's no compelling reason for us to keep using it or its use is unlawful.This is nota general right to erasure; there are exceptions, e.g. where we need to use the information in defence of a legal claim.
5. The right to restrict processing
You have rights to 'block" or suppress further use of your personal information when we are assessing a request for rectification or as an alternative to erasure. When processing is restricted, we can still store your personal information, but may not use it further. We keep lists of people who have asked for further use of their personal information to be 'blocked" to make sure the restriction is respected in future.
6. The right to object
You have the right to object to certain types of processing, on grounds relating to your situation, at anytime in so far as that processing takes place for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by Kbiosystems Ltd. or by a third party. We will be allowed to continue to process the personal information if we can demonstrate "compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override [your] interests, rights and freedoms" or we need this for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
7. Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing (including profiling), which significantly affects you, subject to some exceptions. Where this is the case, you have the right to obtain human intervention, voice your concerns and to have the decision reviewed.
8. Updating this statement
We review our privacy practices from time to time.We ask that you bookmark and periodically review this page for updates to our Privacy Statement. We reserve the right to modify this policy effective seven (7) days after the posting of the revised Privacy Statement.
9. Contact us
For further information regarding these rights, about this Privacy Statement generally or to make a complaint please contact email@example.com; or by calling 01268 522431.
Please provide as much information as possible to help us identify the information you are requesting, the action you are wanting us to take and why you believe this action should be taken.
Before assessing your request, we may request additional information to identify you. If you do not provide the requested information and, as a result we are not able to identify you, we may refuse to action your request.
We will generally respond to your request within one month of receipt of your request. We can extend this period by an additional two months if this is necessary considering the complexity and number of requests that you have submitted.
We will not charge you for such communications or actions wet ake, unless:
you request additional copies of your personal data undergoing processing, in which case we may charge for our reasonable administrative costs, or
you submit manifestly unfounded or excessive requests, in particular because of their repetitive character, in which case we may either: (a) charge for our reasonable administrative costs; or (b) refuse to act on the request.
If after contacting Kbiosystems Ltd you are still unhappy you may also complain to the Information Commissioner, all contact details are available on the Information Commissioner's Website ico.org.uk