Firefly heat sealer and laser cutting platform
The FireFly uses a fiber laser to generate a beam using a core laser source and amplify it in specially designed glass fibers, supplied with energy via pump diodes. With a wavelength of 1.064 micrometres, the beam produces an extremely small focal diameter, making the intensity up to 100 times greater than conventional CO2 lasers.
The FireFly is highly suited for metal cutting, or marking metal or light range absorbent materials for high-contrast plastic marking or cutting. The unit is maintenance-free, and promises a long service life of at least 25,000 laser hours.
- Designed for SBS format tube racks
- Plates/tube racks can be pre-scored leaving minimal seal thickness to reduce tip/probe piercing pressures
- Tubes can be individualised to allow random access in any format
- Plate/tube rack heights with no adjustment from 7mm to 48mm high
- Seal pierce operational compliant, allows plates to be stored fully sealed then pre-pierced to reduce tip damage
- Auto plate/rack present, foil present and low air sensing
- Plate density independent, 96, 384, 1536, 3456 and higher
- Plates can be resealed and then re-pierced multiple times